- 2007 – May 2010: Attachment styles in Psychosis and Bipolar Disorder (PIs: Professor Dinesh Bhugra / Prof. Tom Craig)
- 2005 – May 2010: Electronic Monitoring of Symptom Variability in Bipolar Disorder (PI: Dr. Yanni Malliaris)
- 2004/2005: Rumination Focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Residual Depression (RCT) (PIs: Dr Ed Watkins / Prof. Scott)
- 2002/2003: Inpatient evaluation of Combined Treatment in the Affective Disorders Unit (PI: Dr Anthony Cleare)
- 2002/2003: Cognitive Behavior Therapy vs. Interpersonal Therapy for unipolar Depression (pilot) (PI: Dr Dominic Lam)
- 10/00- 06/02: National Military Service, Centre of Aviation Medicine, 251 GNA Hospital, Greek Air force
- 09/1999- 08/00: Honorary Research Assistant (Professor Chris Brewin), University College London
- 1997-1998: Behaviour Therapist Trainee, Lovaas Institute for Early Intervention (LIFE), UCLA
2010 – Present – Bipolar Masterclass, Bipolar disorder Simplified, and Bipolar Master Thesis (EDO the Hellenic Bipolar Organisation and BipolarLab.com)
2008 – 2010 – Cultural Psychiatry (undergraduate option module for 3rd year medical trainees at King’s college)
2008 – 2009 – Movies and Madness (undergraduate option module for 3rd year medical trainees at King’s college)
2007-2008 – Diagnosis, Assessment, Phenomenology, and Psychological models of Bipolar Disorder (Doctorate of Clinical Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry)
2007-2008 – Diagnostic Interviews and Questionnaires in Mental health (MSc in Mental Health Research, Institute of Psychiatry)
Other Academic Activities
Journal Reviewer for:
1. International Review of Psychiatry (Editor: Professor Dinesh Bhugra)
2. Behaviour Research and Therapy (Editor: Professor Paul Salkovskis)
CLINICAL AND RESEARCH SKILLS
• 8 years experience of clinical and research experience with patients with unipolar and bipolar disorders.
• 4 years of teaching experience at postgraduate level (bipolar disorders, abnormal psychology, research methods in mental health, behaviour modification, cultural psychiatry)
• primary research interest in the psychosocial and clinical factors of relapse in mood disorders, particularly bipolar disorder; behavioral therapies, measurement of symptoms, mental health informatics.
• secondary research interest in mood spectrum disorders, borderline and psychopathic personality
• semi-structured clinical diagnostic and symptom severity assessments (SCID I & II, SCAN, HAMD/YMRS, formally trained in official SCAN centre by Dr Bhruga and his team).
• life-charting methodologies (NIMH-LCM / LIFE) for tracking the course of psychiatric disorders.
• semi-structured psychosocial assessments (Brown ’s Life events interview LEDS, trained with Dr. Dominic Lam / Dr. Tirril Haris and Childhood experience of Care and Abuse Interview CECA, trained with Dr. Tirril Haris).
• good working knowledge of SPSS/ACCESS/Excel/Web design/PDA applications.
• Trained in Behaviour Modification Therapy for autism (Lovaas ABA method, trained with Professor Ivar Lovaas, UCLA 1997/98) and mood disorders.
This post is also available in: Greek